Ruy Teixeira, who’s been bought and paid for by the Democrats many times over, unleashes an attack on Susan Killian’s new book. IVA’s observation: anything that makes the Democrats go this nuts is OK by us.
But we are also starting to discern the beginnings of a coordinated attempt by the Democrats to discredit Killian’s book…AND suppress the independent vote in 2012. Why? Follow this logic:
- For Barack Obama to win election in 2008, he needed– and got– the votes of a large percentage of independent voters.
- Independent voters have been highly critical of Barack Obama’s performance in office, and he suffers from low approval ratings among independents, who were some of his biggest fans early on.
- For Barack Obama to win reelection, he is going to have to win back a large percentage of dissatisfied independents – a task that looks daunting to damn near impossible to the Democratic Party right now.
- If independents won’t get back on board the Barack bandwagon, the next best thing for him is if we don’t show up to vote.
- Over the past few months, paid mouthpieces for the Democrats like pollster Stan Greenberg and Ruy Teixeira have been outspoken in the belief that independent voters don’t exist, are a myth, or that we aren’t really swing voters.
Coincidence? We think not. We also think they doth protest too much.
March 10, 2012: The New Republic: Ignore Swing Voters At Your Peril!
March 13, 2012: The Daily Beast: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics: How Ruy Teixeira Got it Wrong on ‘Swing Vote’ (author’s rebuttal)