Permissions to republish Independent Voters of America content
The content that appears on the Independent Voters of America website is the property of Independent Voters of America and is protected by copyright. This includes text, video, audio, photos, graphics, trademarks, and logos (“content”). Independent Voters of America reserves the right to refuse to grant permission for reuse of its content.
Below you will find information on permissible uses of Independent Voters of America content.
Free Use (no formal permission required):
- Personal use: This means your own private use of the content. This means that you may not engage in any kind of further distribution, reprinting, reposting, or rebroadcast (over the airwaves or on the web), either commercial or noncommercial. A personal website does not count as personal use.
- Linking to our site: You are welcome to place a link to any Independent Voters of America text page on your site, subject to certain guidelines (Creative Commons).
- School use (K-12, college/university): Teachers may make up to 35 copies of text material for one-time classroom use. The Independent Voters of America copyright notice must be retained.
- Academic use of online audio or video: It is always permissible to play audio and video files directly from the Independent Voters of America website in the classroom. See below for guidelines on the use of downloaded audio and video.
- Academic citations: It is always permissible to quote or cite Independent Voters of America content as a reference in an academic paper, subject to the same guidelines as any other reference source. Such citations should be footnoted according to the style manual used in your academic institution.
Prohibited use (Independent Voters of America generally does not grant permission for these uses):
- Political: Use of Independent Voters of America content by political organizations, including individual candidates, parties, PACs, or other entities of a mainly political nature, is not permitted unless otherwise directed and approved for use by Independent Voters of America.
- Promotional use: Independent Voters of America content may not be used in advertising, promotional, marketing, or testimonial material for products or services unless otherwise directed and approved for use by Independent Voters of America.
- Logos/trademarks: Independent Voters of America logos and registered trademarks may not be reproduced, except in very limited circumstances (e.g. by broadcast partners) unless otherwise directed and approved for use by Independent Voters of America.
- Licensed material: Independent Voters of America cannot grant rights for content it has licensed from another source, such as Associated Press content, Getty photos, or historical recordings.
License-required Use (formal permission from Independent Voters of America is required):
- Reprinting text material in a book, or using audio or video material as a supplement to a book
- Use of audio or video or other content in a film, live performance, artwork, presentation, or for broadcast
Permission Request Form:
To request permission for this type of use please contact email@example.com
Licensing fees and/or royalties for use of Independent Voters of America content are determined on a case-by-case basis, depending on a number of factors (such as the amount of material used, scope of distribution, and whether the requester is a commercial or noncommercial entity).
If you are interested in using Independent Voters of America content in a manner not covered above, or if you have questions about the process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.